Guiding you on your innovation journey
We support future focused leaders to innovate, explore and promote future focused education. We do this by building a community of innovative schools and leaders who as a part of a collective seek to create educational experiences that reflect an interconnected and changing world, whereby learners are creators and makers of their journey.
We build this community through our Online Events, State School Tours, and International Study Tours.
Educators who join with us are often:
- Going through significant restructuring or strategy implementation.
- Have a limited professional network or have outgrown the one they’re in.
- Struggle with a lack of access to high quality professional learning opportunities.
- Want to innovate but are not sure exactly where to start.
How do we support future focused schools?
By joining Future Schools, you will have the opportunity to connect with like-minded, future focused educators through our online events and offerings. Included as part of the annual membership, online events designed to support a schools innovation journey.
- Leading an Adaptive School Culture (six part series): a cultural evolution and innovation framework uniquely designed to support educators who are leading cultural change. Designed for leadership teams, it gives a taste of what an adaptive and innovative school culture could look like and how strategy, culture and leadership leavers can bring about change within schools.
- Future Leaders, New Paradigms (four part series): a program available for staff in leadership positions. The group of leaders meet once a month – with each person having opportunity to present an idea around the future of schooling.
- Thought Leader in Residence: we believe strongly that regardless of where you are in the world, there is great benefit from having opportunity to access to expertise and insight that provokes deeper thought on the future of schooling.
- Webinar series: conversations with world leading Thought Leaders & Thought "Doers" exploring & promoting future focused schooling. Many of the events are recorded and can be watched on the Future Schools Alliance YouTube Channel.
- Virtual School Tours: live virtual tours of innovative schools across the globe. The tours are recorded and can be watched on the Future Schools YouTube Channel.
- Keynotes: presentations from Future School educators on an emerging trend in the future of schooling. Followed by a Q&A session.
Each term we also host a State Tour to visit innovative schools across Australia. In 2022 there is opportunity to participate in the following tours:
- Term 1: Melbourne State Tour
- Term 2: Newcastle State Tour
- Term 3: Canberra State Tour
- Term 4: Perth State Tour
In 2023 we will return to hosting International Tours of some of the worlds most innovative schools.
Leadership for Students
Youth Leadership Academy Australia is a for-youth, by-youth organisation, created with the aim of building a positively sustainable future by equipping the youth of today with the skills to be leaders tomorrow. Youth leadership conferences and events are designed to equip young people with the skills and confidence to be leaders in their communities, and to take charge of their futures. Find out more by clicking the link below to see how students can get involved.